Brianna
"What are little girls made of, made of? What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice, and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of, made of."
"What are little girls made of, made of? What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice, and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of, made of."
-Mother Goose
I'm sure it is normal for little girls to be confident in their beauty and cuteness. They love to dress up and pretend to beautiful princesses, fairy's, dancer's etc. Brianna is no exception. She has several princess outfits, dresses up with fairy wings, walks around in high heels and jewelry, dresses up in ballerina outfits, and the list goes on. We dote on her and tell her several times a day how beautiful, caring, sweet and wonderful she is.I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised when she says things that others may think are conceited. In fact if I said them, someone would laugh in my face. At what age is it no longer acceptable to say the things that pre-schoolers come up with?? For now, I love it when she says things that make us laugh and know that we are fueling her with love and raising her to be a happy and confident little girl.
We went to the Jefferson Mint Festival, where Brianna got her face painted and of course she couldn't go without the fairy wings and wand! It really was a beautiful bird, with glitter and all. We made a big deal out of how beautiful it was and how she looked soooo great.
When we sat down on the blanket to relax Brianna said, "Mommy, will you be really busy staring at me?"
Brian and I couldn't help but laugh!
About a week later Brianna and I went shopping and found a red sparkly shirt that was just her size. She instantly fell in love. All the way home she was planning all of the occasions that she would wear it and show it off. The minute we got home, she had to put it on. I was in the kitchen unloading groceries and she came running in. I told her how glamorous it was and that it looked great on her. What does she say.... "Do you want to take an even closer look?" and proceeds to come close and do her model spin.
Bricen
"What are little boys made of, made of? What are little boys made of? Snips and snails, and puppy-dogs' tails, that's what little boys are made of, made of."
There's no doubt about it, boys are completely different than girls! Brice is all about doing it rough and tough. He tells me when he is getting in and out of the car, or on and off of his chair at the table, "I got it!" and shoves my hands away from helping.
As we are driving in the car, he points out "mo mo's" driving by, parked in driveways, parking lots etc., and says "Oh Coo Mo Mo!" "Look it, Coo Mo Mo!"
When Brian comes home from work he says, "Ride Mo Mo Daddy, Sit on Mo Mo Daddy"
He wants to push every button he can, on the remote, in the car, on the radio & keys. When ever he hears or sees keys he says, "Hode you Keys" and wants to lock and unlock the car doors.
He loves to be daddy's little helper, especially if it involves using a tool. He talked about hammering with daddy for several days after helping with this project. He works with Brian on his dirt bike by putting the screw driver in any hole it will fit in and bangs it all around. A few scratches here and there are worth the joy he gets out of doing "manly" things with daddy.
If I sit back and listen to them work, this is just some of what I hear: "How doing daddy?" "Tank too helping daddy" "Screw Driver" "Hammer" "My Turn" "Get it"
Ahh... the joys of having Sugar and Spice and Snips and Snails.
2 comments:
Such cute memories of both of them! I love the pic of Bricen with one of Brianna's pink boots on, and Brianna's face painting is so pretty! I can't believe how big they are getting, Sarah. I truly remember when they were both tiny babies! Now that I have my own child, I am already seeing what people mean when they say how time flies...he's already comin' up on 6 months!
What a cute post!!! It's awesome!!
And I have to tell you that I laughed as I read this post. You're two beautiful children are so perfect!!! I love that Brianna is such the girl and that Bricen is such a boy!
Post a Comment