Brian asked me "What was your class song?" My answer... blank stare -- It was Free Falling by Tom Petty
Brian asked me "What was your class flower?" My answer... blank stare -- The White Lilly
Brian asked me "What was your class motto?" My answer... blank stare -- "This is not the end, this is not the beginning of the end, but perhaps the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill
Apparently we wrote Senior Will's where we willed memories and funny stories to friends and important people in our lives. Until I read mine, that had been laminated and set out for people at the reunion to read, I had forgotten so many great times.
It was so nice to see people who I hadn't seen in a really long time and catch up on their lives. Just about everyone was friendly and seemed genuinly glad to see one another.
I was one of the luckiest gratuates because my husband attended all 3 events with me & all 5 of my closest friends growing up all attended.
Here are some pictures from then & now:
Megan, Shannon & I all met when we were about Brice's age. Our mommies all were in a baby class together & became good friends. We have known each other for about 27 years! We have many pictures growing up, from naked outdoor pool shots, slumber parties, playgrounds & holidays. This picture was taken the day before graduation back in 1998.
Here we are now! Megan is newly married and lives in Klamath Falls. Shannon lives in Eugene and is expecting her first baby in January!
Me... married for nearly 7 years and 2 kids. Am I an over acheiver or did I just start earlier than everyone else???
Some of my best memories from high school were with the dance team. I danced all of my childhood, nothing was as rewarding as those 4 years on the Southern Belles dance team. We placed in the top 5 all 4 years & all of my friends were a part of the team. From left to right: Me, Tiffney, Nicole, Sarah, Nancy & Amber (laying across all of us)
This picture was taken our Senior year while up in Portland at the State Competition. I was an All-State member & received a Dance Scholarship. Our Senior year we all went to Paris together & Danced with United Spirit Association!
Here we all are now! From left to right:
Nancy: Newly married, living in Springfeild & getting her PHD.
Tiffney: Married to her high school sweetheart, lives in corvallis, stay at home mom to Maddie 4 and a son on the way.
Sarah: Married, lives in Vancouver, Engineer for Wash. Dep. of Transportation, mommy of son Owen & another on the way.
Amber: Married, lives in Colorado, former Denver Nuggets Dancer, works in Marketing, mommy of son Morgan.
Me: Married to my high school sweetheart, live in Albany, work in Human Services, mommy of Brianna 4 & Brice 1 1/2.
Nicole: Married, lives in Klamath Falls, Medical Assistant, mommy of son Logan.
I wonder what we will look like in another 10 years at our 20 year reunion! I just hope we are all able to make the treck again. We all still keep in touch and have been together at weddings & random visits to eachother.
It is rare and very special when we are all able to be together, share our memories and our new lives with eachother.
Girls - I am proud of all of us! We have done well these last 10 years :)

1 comment:
How fun! I love reunions! I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much!
Post a Comment